Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ponytail on Helmet

I've always thought ponytails on helmets are the most girlie things in cycling. Today my hair was long enough to wear a ponytail out of my Giro helmet. So cute. At least I thought so.

It's my first day on the road since I got the flu and a killer cough. No record breaking attempts today. Just an easy 10 km in 30 min was all I aimed for. When I reached 7.5 km, I wanted to try for 12 km. But I was already panting, my uhug was already dripping and I was coughing every 5 seconds. It was time to head back home.

At least I ventured out today. Am I afraid of a relapse from the flu? Of course! I took Vit C as a precaution. I hydrated before I left. I didn't fall off the bike when I coughed. I survived the measly 10 km.

I'm ready for my New Year's Day ride tomorrow. 48 km? 60 km? While the smog of the firecrackers still hang low and the rest of Ayala Alabang will still be in bed? Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend increasing your distance by 10 - 15% every time you back out. Try not to increase more than that to allow your body to adjust plus hydration is key. Ride on !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but my average distance is already at 36-40 km each time i'm out. =( you mean those 3 weeks in bed have set me back? =(

    ReplyDelete