Monday, December 7, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Last Saturday I rode 38.06 kilometers or approximately 3 cycles around the Ayala Alabang Loop. What makes that ride special was because that was my first training ride. I'm still too slow, I'm averaging barely 19 kph. I need to increase my average speed to 25 kph, then 30 kph and then 40 kph. I need to ride 3 times a week or about 100 km every week. I'm still staring at other cyclists' butts as they go past me. I can't even ride in their slipstream. I felt the burning sensation on my legs when I tried to catch up with one of the guys on the steepest hill in the loop. And yet I watched him shrinking slowly in the distance.

But I maintain my focus. Last Saturday was my first ride towards a new chapter. These are my riding goals: to start racing in the amateur division by February 2010, to shed off 20 lbs, and to mend an injured heart.

Can I do this? Can it actually be done? There's only one way to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment